GAFSC’s D.C. Lights, D.C. Nights, 20 Years Standing and Shining in Ward 4 will be held on Thursday, May 16, 2019 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. Our Soirée will be held at the historic Lincoln Cottage, which is located in the Petworth Community and will be available for touring on the night of the event. The Cottage is the only place the public can experience the history of Abraham Lincoln’s public and private life, where he lived and worked for over a quarter of his presidency.
Why should you join us?
Well, in addition to enjoying an evening of live music and a tasting of neighborhood cuisine, your support will help us expand services to families, such as:
- Provide truancy programming for all Ward 4 schools
- Increase the number of college scholarships to students
- Restore fatherhood support services
- Offer more mental health education and support opportunities
- Enhance community outreach and events
- Establish a resource center in Ward 4
- Offer comprehensive prevention services focusing on:
- Substance abuse
- Domestic violence
- Truancy prevention
- Suicide prevention
- Violence prevention
You won’t want to miss this event which will feature several DC restaurants whose chefs will be on site to provide distinctive dish samplings for this walk-around, tasting style event. We are most fortunate to have Ellen Kassoff Gray serving as Restaurant Chair, with the support of Chef Todd Gray, Co-Owners of Equinox Restaurant, EST 1999.
Join us for a night of good food, live music, networking and celebration of serving Ward 4 families! Purchase a ticket or explore our sponsorship opportunities by clicking below.