Join the Team!
At the Georgia Avenue Family Support Collaborative (GAFSC), we have established a culture where amazing people (like you) can exercise your skills, knowledge, and experiences to greatly impact the community at large. If you’re ready to expand your career while helping hundreds of local families grow and achieve, you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at our position offerings to discover the best way to get involved. We look forward to hearing from you!
IMPORTANT: To apply to a job, select a green job title for position and application details.
Already have a GAFSC Jobs Portal account? Login now.
The Family Rehousing and Stabilization Program (FRSP) Supervisor, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, will oversee the FRSP program to facilitate clients’ transition to independence. In that role, s/he plans, supervises and coordinates services to stabilize, support, and nurture children and families. S/he provides clinical case management and administrative oversight of Family Support Workers to ensure utilization of strengths-based, family-focused practice; effective risk management; adherence to practice standards; program performance; and professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees comprehensive case management and services to formerly homeless families in 12 month subsidized program.
- Conducts weekly supervision with Family Support staff to ensure effective case management, further professional development.
- Provides day to day direction and assistance, including crisis management.
- Monitors performance of Family Support Workers by reviewing case documentation, monitoring work schedules and itineraries, tracking time and attendance, conducting performance evaluations, and initiating disciplinary action as needed.
- Ensures that the intake process is timely and effective.
- Ensures that all documentation is in compliance with contractual requirements, including but not limited to: case notes, case plans, recertification, and program exit paperwork.
- Prepares monthly invoices of all active clients.
- Works with the Program Manager to produce and analyze program data and make any needed changes in service delivery.
- Meets weekly with the Program Manager for supervision and seeks case consultation as needed.
- Participates in the twice weekly case review.
- Attends all mandated training and ensures that the program staff attend, as well.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Minimum LGSW license in the District of Columbia
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years of community-based work with families with complex psychosocial needs.
- Experience working with the formerly homeless population is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills Oral and written communication skills, including computer literacy.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment as part of a team.
Note: Must be able to obtain a clear Police Clearance, Child Abuse Registry Clearance and FBI Clearance and must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
The Georgia Avenue Family Support Collaborative provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.