The Discovering Me Scholarship Essay Contest
Each year Esther Productions, Inc. presents cash prizes for the best essay written by teen girls, ages 13 through 18, who are facing the challenge of father absence.
What’s your story?
Using between 750-1,500 words, tell us how you have handled growing up without your father while discovering yourself and your resilience. You could win a scholarship worth up to $1,500!
Applications due by October 31, 2022 at 11:59PM
- must be a resident of the District of Columbia;
- must be a girl between the ages of 13 through 18;
- you are growing up in a home without the presence or active engagement of your biological father as a result of divorce; parent separation and are no longer living in the same home; your parents have never lived in the same home together; or your father is incarcerated.
- Visit estherproductionsinc.com/contest for details.
- Email your contest questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Discovering Me Scholarship contest is presented by Esther Productions Inc. in partnership with the Black Student Fund and the Anacostia Coordinating Council. It is supported through grants from Kerry S. Pearson LLC, Fort Myer Construction Corporation Charitable Foundation, Emmanuel Bailey Veterans Corps, and Esther’s Friends.