- This event has passed.
Rethinking Protection: Collaborating to Create Survivor-Centered Systems
October 30, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
Date: Monday, October 30, 2023
Time: 3- 4:30 p.m. EST
Survivors of domestic violence – both children and adults – need real help that is tailored to their specific needs. Child welfare’s traditional response to domestic violence is based on a limited conception of child safety that is far too often achieved at the expense of child and family well-being – which is critical to a healthy, happy, and productive life. We can improve the safety and well-being of children and their families, advance racial and gender equity, and build strong networks of support by rethinking what protection from domestic violence means and what it looks like in practice.
Join us for this webinar in which presenters will share key principles and practice & policy frameworks for designing expanded options for helping children, adult survivors of domestic violence, and the people who cause them harm.
This webinar will also include a tour of the new Bridges to Better website with a host of new resources to support jurisdictions seeking to improve their responses to domestic violence!
• Explore new ways of thinking about how to help families experiencing domestic violence
• Describe key components of a survivor-centered approach to improving child welfare
• Utilize new resources for developing practices and policies to build child & adult
survivor safety, and child & family well-being
• Shellie Taggart, Program Director
• Juan Carlos Areán, PhD, Program Director
• Tien Ung, PhD, Associate Director of Impact and Learning